Thursday, November 10, 2011

Will it Fly or Won't it? Introducing the HyperFalcon 40. A "NOTAR Heli" audience by NightFlyyer.

Will it Fly or Won't it? Introducing the HyperFalcon 40. A "NOTAR Heli" audience by NightFlyyer. Video Clips.





Here's an Aeronautical Design Project Test. I made it simple, at the time and it worked fine. This and the Hyperfly are Flying Machines, NOT helicopters and NOT designed to hover. Benson Gyrocopters fly similar and were also NOT designed to Hover!. Hopefully you will understand the purpose and reason behind my extremely simple design when RC electric helis were brand new inventions. We were trying to make it easy not hard. Remember, this was 30 years ago! Today, I did this for fun, a challenge, and because of the lousy weather. I decided to take the tail rotor off my Exceed RC Falcon 40 helicopter and add a foam picnic plate to it instead. This was how I invented the Hyperfly NOTAR for Kyosho. I thought the Falcon 40 would be a good candidate to try it on. Here is what happened. My Hyperfly design was purchased by Kyosho in Japan and had a rather long and successful sales run in far East and USA, of about 8 years. Since there were no gyros or anybody that could help much with the fledgling electric helicopters in those early days, the RC airplane guys only wanted to fly my gas ones once up in the air.. Once I had the heli up and flying (like an airplane) they could fly around. Helis fly similar to an RC plane in forward flight. But I always had to land it, cause I could hover and they could not.....and it was my heli! LOL. For this reason, I designed the Hyperfly, just for forward flight. However, with a speed control and a little wind, you could even hover it very nicely ...

Keywords: Hyperfly, Helicopter, Exceed, RC, Falcon, 40, fixed, Pitch, NOTAR, Apache, Kyosho, Xheli, hover, heli, Dave, Herbert, nightflyyer

laundry wicker basket coleman weathermaster tent

No comments:

Post a Comment